- As of March 29, 18,000+ residents have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine. It is expected that the 20,000+ mark will be reached by the end of the week.
- The Health Unit is grateful for the community’s continued support and words of encouragement as they relate to the community vaccine program. Staff and volunteers administering vaccines are working hard to ensure that everyone who wishes to receive a vaccine has the chance to be vaccinated.
- The Health Unit is expected to move fully into Phase 2 of the Province’s vaccine rollout framework on April 1. Information about groups eligible to receive a vaccine in Phase 2 is available on the Province of Ontario’s website.
Making an appointment
- Individuals 70 and above whose family doctors are located within Haldimand or Norfolk County are currently being contacted to book vaccine appointments.
- Individuals 70 and above who do not have a family physician and wish to receive the vaccine are encouraged to contact the vaccine line (519-427-5903 or email@example.com) and leave their name, age, and phone number to be booked for an appointment when one becomes available.
- Individuals aged 65-69 (born in the years 1952-1956) can now add their names to a wait-list for potential end of day appointments (due to cancellations, no-shows, etc). Lists of individuals aged 70+ will be exhausted first. Eligible individuals will only be contacted if there are available doses at end of day at the various clinic locations. The waitlist signup form is available at org/vaccinewaitlist.
- Individuals with highest-risk health conditions should expect to be contacted by their family physician or the Health Unit in the coming week. If an individual with a highest-risk health condition does not have a local doctor, they may call or email the Vaccine Line (firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-427-5903) to identify themselves.
Note: Highest-risk health conditions were identified by the Province’s Ministry of Health and include: organ transplant recipients, stem cell transplant recipients, patients with neurological diseases that impact respiratory function, patients with hematological malignancies diagnosed in the last year, or individuals with kidney diseases and an eGFR reading of <30.
Full details about vaccine rollout in Haldimand and Norfolk counties is available on the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit website.