A slew of charges should keep a 19 year old motorcyclist off the road for some time.
The charges were laid after a pedestrian was struck by a motorcycle on Jane Street in Hagersville, Wednesday evening. The pedestrian was not injured as a result of the collision.
A witness reported the motorcycle driver appeared to have fled the scene but had since returned. Police detected signs of impairment by alcohol and the driver was placed under arrest and later determined to be more than two times above the legal limit.
Further investigation and information obtained by witnesses determined the driver was also in violation of multiple Provincial Offences.
OPP has charged 19-year-old Nikola Pejic of Hamilton with:
● Impaired operation of a motor vehicle
● Driving a motor vehicle with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood
● Operate a motor vehicle without insurance
● Use plates not authorized for vehicle
● Stunt driving
● Improper tires
● Drive motor vehicle with no permit
● Young driver with blood alcohol concentration above zero
● Fail to apply for permit on becoming owner of a vehicle
● Drive motor vehicle with an improper licence
The accused is to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cayuga at a later date to answer to the charges.