OPP Believe There May Be Other Victims
Haldimand OPP has charged a 22-year-old man with multiple offences following an investigation in Caledonia.
The suspect had engaged in sexually-explicit conversations on social media with two young females under the age of 16 years. The individual then met with the victims on separate occasions and sexually assaulted them.
Mitchell Martins, 22, of no fixed address, is charged with:
● Sexual interference (three counts)
● Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years of age (four counts)
● Luring a person under 16 years of age by means of telecommunication (three counts)
● Communicate with anyone under 18 years of age for the purpose of obtaining sexual services (three counts)
● Make sexually explicit material available to a person under 18 years of age (two counts)
● Possession of Child Pornography
Makes, prints, publishes or possesses for the purpose of publication any child pornography
Sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age (three counts)
Imports, distributes, sells, or possess for the purpose of distribution or sale any child pornography
The accused was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cayuga.
OPP believe there may be other victims. Anyone with further information regarding this incident or who may have interacted with this individual with the user name of MITCHELLMARTINS is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122.