MULTIPLE CHARGES FOR DRIVER AND PASSENGER
Haldimand OPP have charged two individuals with multiple offences following a traffic stop on Highway 6 at Argyle Street South in Caledonia early Sunday morning. The licence plates on the vehicle had been reported stolen.
Both the driver and passenger were arrested and the driver failed a road side screening test. A search of the individuals revealed a quantity of illicit drugs on the passenger.
OPP has charged Arley Williams, 25, of Six Nations, with
● Driving a motor vehicle with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood
● Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 and
● Drive motor vehicle with no drivers licence.
Also charged is Koko Newell, 20, of Orillia, with:
● Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
● Possession of a schedule III substance
● Fail to Comply with a release order.
MULTIPLE CHARGES FOR DUNNVILLE DRIVER
OPP were conducting routine patrols early Saturday morning when a vehicle travelling east bound on Broad Street East in Dunnville ran an attempted traffic stop.
OPP located the vehicle in a driveway on Broad Street East from where the driver led police in a foot pursuit. A short time later, an individual identified as the driver was located and taken into custody.
OPP has charged Quinlan Tibbits, 28, of Dunnville, with:
● Impaired operation of a motor vehicle
● Driving a motor vehicle with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood and
● Flight from peace officer.
Haldimand OPP have closed Melick Rd. between Moote Rd. and Lane Rd. In Canborough. A tractor trailer slid off the roadway into the ditch earlier today with no material spill and no injuries reported.
The closure is expected to last for several hours for truck removal. The OPP advise you take alternate route.